IT Help Desk Technician
IT Help Desk Technician needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. The IT Help Desk Technician will troubleshoot customer issues in addition to installing, configuring and testing software and operating systems. Contract to hire position.
- Install, unpack and set-up computer hardware and printers for both internal and external users.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance via phone, chat, email or in person.
- Provide immediate on demand technical support for VIP users, Comptroller and the Mayor relating to system performance and availability.
- Monitor the Service Desk ticket queue, resolves tickets and resolves escalations.
- Resolve problems and/ or requests; installs, configures and maintains all PC related hardware and systems including: Troubleshooting & diagnosing network problems; PC updates & standard software.
- Troubleshoot Web browsers & basic network connectivity.
- Configuring of Laptops and Desktops for various agencies depending on their needs.
- Increasing memory when user is experiencing slowness if processor can handle the increase.
- Troubleshooting and replacing video & Network Cards.
- Install and test hardware and peripheral components; loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Provide customization and adaptation of existing programs that meet users' requirements.
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs; confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; compares programs with established standards and makes modifications.
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
- Maintain the inventory for the refresh program and run reports for the computers and laptops in the environment.
- Two years of technical customer service support, applications analysis, data security and testing experience is required.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science is required.
- Previous IT experience in a government setting is preferred.
- Must be able to work forty (40 hours) a week Monday through Friday with some telework options.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test is required.
Job Type : Contract
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : ""