Human Service Assistant
The Human Services Assistant needed for our government client in Towson, Maryland. The Human Services Assistant will help members of the community with social services support. Three month contract position with possible extension.
- Conducts intake and assessments of potential Social Services participants for a variety of health and family support services.
- Provides information to participants and their family members.
- Provides a range of appropriate activities.
- Verify housing and income.
- Facilitates individual's participation in the center by coordinating transportation, class registration, eating together sign up, and assistance with other center activities as needed.
- Supports participant's social integration into the center.
- Presents cases to the center team for review; acts on team recommendations for intervention.
- Advocates, designs, coordinates and implements activities within the senior center to meet the needs of participants.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with participants' case managers, caregivers, and others as needed.
- Maintains individual case records, attendance records and other required documentation.
- Monitors clients' participation in the program daily.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with at least a Associate in Arts Degree in a social or behavioral science is required.
- Must have at one year of case management experience in a human or social services setting.
- Microsoft Word skills are required along with a Typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Must be able to work from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Job Type : Temporary
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""