Community Events Coordinator
Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce
Since 1946, members of the Catonsville Chamber of Commerce have transformed Catonsville from a quaint village into a thriving center of technology, commerce, and the arts.
Perched on the outskirts of Baltimore, less than an hour from our nation’s capital, the Catonsville business community comprises small independent entrepreneurs and consultants, artists and financial institutions, retail franchises, public and private schools and colleges, and civil service agencies.
From the President of our Board of Directors to our newest committee members, the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to the growth and success of this unique business community.
Together, the Catonsville Chamber and our member businesses offer a powerful knowledge base and source of mutual support. So, whether you’re a brand-new local startup seeking promotional resources, an established firm seeking high-tech R&D services, or anything in between, chances are that we can help you to find what you need.
The Catonsville Chamber of Commerce is a fast-paced work environment with results-oriented staff members. Each member of our staff is essential to attaining our mission.
Reporting to the Executive Director, The Events Coordinator is responsible for performing start to finish coordination of community outreach events sponsored by the Catonsville Chamber of Commerce, including our Frederick Road Friday summer concert series, Sunday Farmers Market, and annual Arts & Crafts Festival.
- Start to finish coordination of community outreach events organized by the Catonsville Chamber of Commerce:
- Sunday Farmers Market (May – November) with the possibly of extending to include a December holiday market
- Arts & Crafts Festival (September)
- Frederick Road Fridays concerts (June – August)
- Securing space, certificates of insurance and all required permits
- Responsible for coordinating materials and coverage for tabling and promoting Chamber events at our outreach events (schedule permitting).
- Coordinate schedules and supervise volunteers that support these events.
- Updating all event calendars and submitting event listings to community calendars
- Preparing outreach lists and sending targeted promotional emails
- Together with the Executive Director and Marketing Coordinator, develop and execute marketing plans, including maintaining our events web pages and social media management.
- Handle Chamber correspondence for community events committees including monthly meeting reminder notices and serve as staff liaison to the Frederick Road Fridays and Arts & Crafts committees.
- Create and send all event, program, advertising, and sponsorship invoices
- Financial Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining financial records for community outreach events.
- Establish and maintain event budgets, ensuring that income and expenses for events are processed accordingly
- Solicit vendors and service providers for events
- Secure event sponsors
- Coordinate with Executive Director to ensure accuracy and consistency of invoicing and payments (we can specify the workflow once the individual is hired)
The Event Coordinator is an 18 hours per week position requiring evening and weekend meetings and events. Opportunity to earn approved compensatory leave when additional hours are required to complete duties.
The salary for the Event Coordinator is determined by the Board of Directors and will be determined based on experience
Qualifications and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Requires experience in marketing, event planning, customer service and business community relations. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter) is required. Familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and exceptional customer service skills are required. Detail oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills. Self-starter able to simultaneously execute and complete multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Marketing, Customer Service, Administrative, Finance, General