Application Development Experts
Application Development Experts
Application Development experts needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. The Application Development Expert will be responsible for understanding, defining, analyzing, coding, evaluating, testing, debugging, documenting, and implementing complex software applications for the development and maintenance of related systems. One year contract position with possible extension. The non-negotiable pay rates are $58.00 per hour.
- Work with the development, testing and operations teams and other DevOps engineers in setting up and maintaining application and related components in Cloud.
- Provide technical support to Application Development teams to aid consumption of Cloud services and ensure adherence to CI/CD pipeline patterns/standards.
- Collaborate and consult with infrastructure and system operations teams to help automate the end-to-end Operations of the applications/systems in AWS Cloud.
- Design, build, maintain, document, and automate technical processes and operations using AWS cloud services.
- Work with other DevOps team members to build tools and automation to configure/deploy/maintain our cloud technologies in AWS Cloud.
- Work with several tools in implementing and deploying CI/CD solutions in AWS Cloud, such as Ansible, EC2, ELB, Jenkins, Git, Docker, S3 etc.
- Understand and consistently apply the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Develop standards and codebase to monitor and alert various cloud-based systems and applications to help ensure SLAs and other performance metrics are met.
- Monitor systems performance, troubleshoot errors and debug.
- Adhere to all security, Project Management Office (PMO) change control, work management and service delivery policies, processes, tools and methodologies.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience with DevOps in a cloud environment preferably with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in automated configuration and deployment; using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or other Infrastructure as Code (IAC) frameworks.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Automation and Orchestration.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience working with infrastructure design and deployment of applications in Amazon Cloud (AWS).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Maven and Scripting.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform EC2, S3 (Object Storage), VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), Lambda, EBS (Block Storage under high I/O), ELB (Elastic Beanstalk - load-balancing and autoscaling), ECS, EKS, CloudFormation for AWS Orchestration, CloudWatch and RedShift.
- Experience in Cloud Migration Strategy, Applications migration from on-premises to AWS Cloud.
- Experience with app and web server configuration and maintenance (JBoss, Apache Tomcat, or similar).
- Proven strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- A minimum of three (3) years software development experience with government Cloud deployments supporting high-volume, high-quality consumer applications.
- Advanced Experience with AWS services like: CloudFormation, IAM Policies, EC2, Lambda, S3, Glacier, Multi-Region VPC, Route53, Security Groups, ALB/ELB/NLB, API GW, WAF, Shield, KMS, CloudTrail, Config, CloudWatch, Config, Kinesis
- Hands-on experience with technologies like Docker, Git, NGINX. RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, Kubernetes.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MongoDB databases in cloud environments.
- Experience with Identity Provider (IDP), Identity Access Management (IAM) technologies and solutions.
- Experience with scripting such as Ruby, Python or Bash.
- Strong knowledge of Microservice and SOA architectures.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am-4:30 pm with a 30 minute non paid lunch Monday through Friday in Downtown Baltimore with some work from home options.
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/swift-staffing/job/QW33V33W
Job Type : Full-Time, Temporary
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General